Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Double Bonus Day!

Yesterday, I put up a quick post about the part for my Powerwagon. I also said I had the flu. I am happy to say that it was just a 24 hour bug and I feel much better! I also feel much better because I got to put the new throttle cable on the DR Powerwagon. Guys, it took all of five minutes to install! I can't explain how tickled I am. You never really know how much you come to depend on things until they break down.

This was the easiest fix I think I have ever performed on a machine. My usual protocol on repairs is that I break something else while fixing one thing. Or, I find it more complicated than I thought and it will take me all day to fix it, rather than the 20 minutes I thought it would take.

I must say one thing about the DR company. Their service was exceptionally fast. I got the part in 4 days. They were very friendly and helpful. I am even more in love with DR than I was before. They sent me a catalogue with the part. Man, if I had the money...

The machine runs better than it has for a year, which tells me that the throttle cable was weak for a while. But, all is good in the world again. Except when it comes to our government trying to impose illegal laws on us unsuspectingly. That is a whole different post, I'll get to it next time.

I got this month's Stockman Grassfarmer today. Alan Nation is at his usual best with his column. I haven't finished it yet, but the article is a good one about our failing economy and the idea of debt. We all make mistakes and we all go into debt, at some point. Getting by without debt is what I recommend. If we didn't have this mortgage, things would be a lot easier. More on that later.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott or Pam,

I happened across your blog and am very pleased (but not surprised) that you had a such great experience with DR Power Equipment. Most of our customers are property owners like you who repair their own equipment, so we try to make the process as easy as it can be.

I'd love to talk with you about how you use your DR Powerwagon on your farm. If you get a chance, send me an e-mail: jgilbert@drpower.com

Glad you've recovered from the flu.

Julia Gilbert
President
DR Power Equipment